Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Product Review: Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo and Conditioner

My Review: I picked up this product from Trader Joes this week. It was $3.99 per bottle, which in my opinion is a STEAL. Considering I only wash once a week. (Of course my husband and I share shampoo too so sometimes it dwindles a little faster than I anticipate lol) Anyhow I am positive that of all the shampoos and conditioners I have tried, this is the BEST shampoo and conditioner that I have ever used! Now this set is definitely for all hair types but it was appealing to me in particular because I tend to have a dry scalp. So I am always looking for hydrating and soothing products to keep my dry scalp to a minimum or diminish it altogether. 
This shampoo contains many natural ingredients including tea tree oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, rosemary oil, nettle oil, thyme oil, birch leaf oil, etc.   For me, the shampoo didn't make my hair feel anymore stripped than usual. You hair should feel slightly stripped when you use a shampoo because of the properties of shampoo. It is stripping dirt, excess oils, dust, etc. The shampoo felt incredible on my scalp! I was extremely impressed with the conditioner as well. My hair was extremely silky, smooth and my curls were light, fluffy and bouncy. After washing and taking a good look at my hair in the shower, I noticed how defined my curls looked! Great product!!

My other thoughts...
  • DON'T get it in your eyes, just a heads up!
  • The more you rub the product into your hair and scalp, the more invigorating it feels
  • There is a very strong peppermint scent :) I love it!
  • The conditioner has GREAT slip! It is very easy to finger comb and detangle with this product in
  • Again, its great for all hair types. My hubby used it and loved it. He said he liked it better than Nourish Spa. Especially the conditioner :) And if you didn't know, my husband is white with curly hair. (of course we rarely see the curls because he keeps it short)
Other Reviews

Price: Very inexpensive. $7.99+tax. (Roughly $8.98 with tax for me. Our tax is just about 10%)

Ingredients: ALL organic. No parabens.

What do others say?
Pros:
  • No parabens
  • Minty, refreshing and invigorating for scalp
  • Conditioner left hair feeling silky smooth
  • Bouncier curls

Cons:
  • Some find the shampoo to be to stripping on their hair
  • Has left some with tangles and knots
  •  Can only be found via trader joes
Celebrating happy, healthy, and long hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment