Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hair Testimony #3: Shannon

Hello everyone! Meet Shannon. She is a beautiful young lady with a desire and a hunger to live for God. She is going natural and is loving her journey in every way. I asked her to answer a few questions for us. I hope this is an inspiration and a support to you ladies!

1. Does this blog inspire you concerning your life? How?

I can't tell you how many times I read these questions over and over and it JUST now clicked that the question says how does this blog inspire you concerning you "life" not your "hair" not your "hair life"

I see this blog as a part of your ministry. You don't just talk about the new latest and greatest ways to care for hair but you inspire me through the testimonies that you share and by LIVING for God. What stands out the most about Black Apostolic Hair is not your hair, it is your ministry. It is the words that you type and how you glorify God. It's the pictures your post of you and your family and friends and how the Holy Ghost shines through even in those digital images.

It is inspiration for me to go beyond. I am inspired to find creative ways to share the gospel, it has inspired me to challenge myself to seek God more passionately and to enjoy all the good things that he has done for me!
This blog is such a blessing. When I found it it was literally EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. I googled "black apostolic hair". I was getting ready for church and wanted to find a apostolic-style way to pin my hair up.

2.What is it about this blog that you enjoy the most?

TESTIMONIES!

3. How has this blog changed the way you view your hair?


It took me so long to answer these questions (Kendra sent them to me on Oct 21-it is now Nov 12) honestly because I have been having some really negative thoughts about holiness and hair lately. I've thought "I wish Black girls hair grew like other races", "it's not fair that EVERY other race has normal hair that grows and Black women don't", "it's so hard to stand out as an Apostolic woman when you're Black because your hair will never grow down your back". And a few days ago I thought, "wow I wish God didn't mention women's hair in The Bible".

Bad right? It's how I felt.

It has occurred to me that this is not a burdensome thing or something to resentful about. It's actually quite the opposite, God cares enough about women to allow His glory to shine through in us. That is beautiful!

He cares enough about something that pretty much every woman cares about: HAIR. It sounds foolish to me but God does care about the things that matter to me and my hair matters to Him.

As far as the whole "woe is to me for being a Black girl" PUH-LEEZE! All I can say is DEVIL GET OUT OF HERE WITH ALL THAT NEGATIVE THINKING. I COMMAND ALL OF MY THOUGHTS TO COME INTO CAPTIVITY TO JESUS CHRIST!

WHO says Black hair isn't beautiful? WHO says my hair could not grow down my back? And why am I accusing God of creating something ugly? My God has created this beautiful Earth and all of the beautiful people in it.

I think you mentioned on your blog that LONG hair is not the issue, the issue is to have UNCUT hair. It is up to me to NOT CUT my hair not to make it grow to some special length. If I leave it uncut the Lord is able to allow my hair to grow to a length that is pleasing to Him.
 
Celebrating happy, healthy and long hair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment