Monday, November 29, 2010

Braids, Braid-Outs.. & Expressing Myself!

I have been told time and time again that I don't take enough pictures of my hair. So I tried really hard to remember this part thanksgiving weekend so that I could show you a thing or two. Sometimes I get tired of my regular twists so I decided I wanted to do braids! Now in the past, I did them this small:
IT TOOK ME FOREVER AND A DAY...
AND THEN ANOTHER MONTH ON TOP OF THAT
PLUS ANOTHER WEEK!
Okay I am totally exaggerating lol :)

Anyhow- this time I decided that I was going to make them a bit bigger and add some cornrows to the front for a little jazz. I took some pictures to give you some style possibilities because they are endless when it comes to protective styling.

By the way I want to point out that I absolutely adore my herbal essence leave in conditioner. I will be doing a review this week so stay tuned.  

Braid Style One: Side Bun Swept Back


To achieve this 5 min look:
(1) Pin back braids and secure with bobby pins
(2) Add the headband, scarf or accessory of your choice
(3) Pull the back into a low side bun and secure with bobby pins

* Headband handmade by Jasmin Robinson *

Braid Style Two: High Flower with Sweeping Vines
 I got creative with the name :)


How to achieve this 7 min look:
(1) pin curl the front sections of your hair
(2) pull the rest of the hair into a high bun, flare out
and pin in place. Wrap the excess around the
ponytail and pin all stray braids down.
(3) Add a flower or headband of your choice

* Flower clip handmade by Jasmin Robinson *

Braid Out Funn.

I love my buns ya'll!
They are uber protective
They are uber quick to do
They are uber cute too!!


I also love my little "Jew" curls as my husband calls them <3


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bows, and headbands add some spice
Ribbons and bows are lovely too
Silk scarves and things that blow in the wind
Find and embrace what makes YOU, YOU!
~~~~~~

I love cheetah rain boots and fuzzy socks
Fleece scarves and thick winter tights
I am a thrift store junkie, yes I do admit
But that's just me, and yes that is alright

~~~~~~~

Do not look to the fashions of the world
And make sure its God you seek
Most of all desire holiness
Tis' only beautiful and unique!

<3 Celebrating happy, healthy and long hair

No comments:

Post a Comment