Sunday, November 21, 2010

Small Towns Are Great

I'm a city girl. I grew up in a suburb of Dallas, Texas, and now I live in the second largest city in Britain. Small towns are okay for a while, but I couldn't live in one.

Then again, when you're as involved in your town as Erin and her family are, small towns pay you back for every little favour you've ever done one hundred times over. Today a fundraiser was held for my sister and her family. I don't have many details, though I'm hoping to get some pictures to put on here, but I did get the following from my mother via Twitter:

"Been to F'ville to the Family Benefit. Blubbered like a baby from the show of support for Erin and family. Lots of pink t'shirts with her name from all of her supporters. Her oldest daughter even spoke to the crowd. Her youngest daughter didn't want to let go of her mother. Her son sniffled a lot."

Thank you to those people I have never met who are helping my loved ones.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment