Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day One

I've started promoting my fund raising efforts on Twitter, and I am overwhelmed by having my link to this blog retweeted by England rugby greats Lewis Moody, Ugo Monye and David Flatman. I also feel honoured that Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson has also retweeted it to her followers! The sporting community in the UK is wonderful!

I know a lot of people feel cautious about following a link from someone's personal blog. Please, if you have any concerns search the Internet for the Just Giving website and you can find my page there as "Melinda Rice Knowles". I promise I won't be offended!

Tonight I am hoping to get my fantastic partner David to take a picture of the length of my hair and measure it so we can gauge how much it grows in the next twelve months for those who would like to sponsor me per inch of newly grown hair. One off donations to Cancer Research UK are also extremely important!

For now here's a picture to give you a general idea of the starting point.


Not a supermodel I know but that's beside the point! It's a quick snap taken on my lunch in a Starbucks with me being model and photographer!

More from me later! And of course my updates will include news of my sister as and when I have news.

No comments:

Post a Comment