Monday, November 29, 2010

Fall/Winter 2010 - Week 4

For all of week 4 my hair was pulled back into a bun. The bun was originally set while my hair was wet (this is considered 'damp bunning') so as a result, my hair remained moist for about 3 days - my hair holds moisture for quite a while.

Also, since the outdoor and inside air is somewhat dry now this method works great and no, there is never any mildew or sour smell when I do this method. I have heard of this occurring with some individuals but I am not aware of each step of their regimen so I don't have an answer of why the mildew/sour smell happens for some but not for others.

Sunday-Wednesday
Hair was in a bun. The only maintenance was a du-rag at night to keep my edges smooth.

Thursday
Thursday evening I loosened the bun so that I could moisturize the ends of my hair that had gotten dry. I only used some leave-in conditioner on the ends and then immediately styled my hair back into a loose bun.

Friday
Since I would be traveling all day on Saturday, I did my co-wash on Friday night. I used the same method that I mentioned last week (details coming soon). After co-washing I pulled my hair back into a donut bun

Saturday
The bun & du rag at night. Simple maintenance, I love it!

---

The purpose of my weekly documentation is to keep track of what I am doing with my hair down to every detail so that I will be able to determine the steps that are effective for consistent growth and length retention with my hair. Last year I was able to retain enough length so that my hair was longer than it has ever been. I am curious to see if I can do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment