Monday, November 22, 2010

Product Review: Hydrating Teatree Mint Hydrating Treatment

My Review: I picked up this product from Big Lots this week. It was $2.00 per bottle, which is a fantastic price! According to the bottle, "Hyrating teatree mint hydrating treatment is an ultra hydrating blend of Australian tea tree oils to add moisture and strength, while nourishing your hair with replenishing moisturizing milk proteins and micro-infused peppermint oils for hydration and balance." I picked this up as a second type of leave in conditioner as I like to have different options. It caught my eye because I am a huge fan of tea tree oil. So I read the back and front. I decided at $2 a pop it wasn't hard to say no :) The ingredients look great, I am too blind to focus in on them and type them all out for you. lol. But there is nothing that makes me raise my eyebrow! I will definitely be adding this to my list of things to have. In this winter season, hydration is a MUST!
  
My other thoughts...
  • This is a great product for keeping twist outs and braid outs hydrated. I didn't like the way it felt on freshly washed wet hair. It didn't have enough slip. In my opinion, this is more of a hydration throughout the week type of product.
  • I used this everyday before bed and it kept my hair very moisturized without a greasy feel or look.
  • This is a very light product
  • The consistency is a bit on the sticky side (It doesn't feel sticky in my hair) but I always have to wash my hands after applying it.
  • It is sulfate free and paraben free
  • Organix (R) bottles are eco-friendly, manufactured from materials containing recycled post-consumer resin. All labels are printed untilizing environmental inks and compostable label film made from annually renewable resource corn, not from petrochemicals.
  • For ALL hair types
Other Reviews
  • Price: Very inexpensive. $2 plus tax at Big Lots

  • Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Propanediol, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Trideceth-6, Laureth-4, Cetyl Alcohol, Silk Amino Complex, Australian Tea Tree Oils, Soy Milk Proteins, Peppermint Oils, Keratin Protein, Shea Butter, Fragrance.,



What do others say?

Pros:
  • Provided an alternative to a heavy treatment.
  • The light consistency of this allowed some to wear more bouncy and managable curls

Cons:
  • Some did not find it as moisturizing as they thought it would be
  • Others thought it would give a better appearance of moisturized hair


For more information, click this link!
For other options by Organix (R), visit this link!



Celebrating happy, healthy and long hair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment