Friday, November 12, 2010

I Now Have All The Tools I Need

I am such a firm believer in research and buying the tools needed for whatever project or obsessions I'm obsessing over. Right now, obviously it's jewelry. On Tuesday, everything was finally delivered: my 3.6 volt cordless screwdriver, my Centaur Wigjig, my nylon jaw pliers, and my steel bench block. We also went to Home Depot to get a chuck adapter for my screwdriver, and a ball peen hammer. I'm so ready.
I'm a little intimidated of the Centaur Wigjig. So far, I've learned to make spirals with the Spiral Maker. Once I got the hang of it, I made these fabulous earrings:
So I've resigned myself to making my own rings if I can help it. If I'm doing a chainmaille bracelet, I'll order them premade, but I'll make my ring findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment