Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You Asked...I Answered



You Asked:
I was wondering if you would do a post with your placement of twists when you do four sections and six twists in each section?  I was looking at your post from last July (http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/2010/07/twists-pinned-up.html) and I really like the size of your twists.  My hair isn't as curly as yours, but I do have a similar mix of textures with very fine, almost straight hair at the nape.  I think my hair is about the length of yours at that time to.  So, just hoping seeing your placement might help me mimic the fullness as I'm trying to wear twists for the next couple of months but struggle with "scalpiness" due to my looser curl pattern and "fine" texture.  Okay, thank you!


I Answered:
When I part my hair in each section I make three horizontal parts first and then one vertical part in each of those sections. I like to make the parts with my fingers because when they are "messy" the parts are a little easier to hide. So the sections look like this:




---


You Asked:
Hey
I just love ur vids, I had to subscribe on yt.  I was wondering if you could answer something for me- how long is your hair in the 'cornrow/twist updo video'?  I am a little past shoulder length stretched. I would love this for a protective style, I watched ur straightened vid which you posted about 1-2 wks prior to this one, it looked like ur hair was apl/bsl?  I couldn't really tell cause it was kind of cut off by the camera at the bottom.

If you could let me know what is the longest/shortest lengths of your hair (I know sometimes the front will be for example apl and the back much longer), or at least break it down by the areas of your head that would be great.  Thanks and keep coming with the great videos!!!



I Answered:
The shortest my hair has been with my updo styles is APL. The shortest part of my hair would be the crown area and the rest of my hair is about APL now. When doing those styles your hair will be up and you can actually do a little more than your think with the placement. If you are a little past shoulder length you should be able to achieve the style. Of course, you can always modify the style so that if fits you better. I hope it works out for you. I plan to start back doing updos soon and more tutorials will follow.






Got a question? Please feel free to ask. 
If I don't know the answer I will try my best to point you in the right direction

No comments:

Post a Comment