Thursday, February 17, 2011

Preparations



Well it looks like we may be in the home stretch. My doctor told me Tuesday at my 35 week appointment that he doesn't think I'll make it back in next Tuesday, even with the pump on. His official prediction was that I will have this babe on Monday (on his birthday). I had dilated more and all of the signs seem to point towards having a baby in the next few days. I'm at peace with that. I've fought a good fight and I have come a long way and there just comes a point that you have to hand it over to God. That's what we have done. Monday, at almost 36 weeks, we have a pretty good chance of bringing baby home and I am so relieved to be past the 35 week mark. I'm telling ya, there were times in the hospital that I didn't think we would make it this time! Thank God I was wrong!










 So now we are trying little by little to get those last minute baby preparations done. Well, really, my baby sister and my mom is sort of pressuring me into getting them done. :) But that's fine, sometimes I need that little push. It's funny, I don't have that anxious drive to get ready like I did with the others. I'm not anxious at all knowing that I will be giving birth within a few days...Is it a fourth baby thing? Or could it still be my newly developed (in the last five years) defense mechanism that won't let me get excited until things are a done deal? I don't know, but I do know that I've enjoyed the peacefulness of it all. :) So far I have made out the call list, and made the baby bed....












I got mostly packed...but that has to be a two part process since I can't be up for long. I'm going to try to finish up tonight. 











With a little help from family we finally have all of the preemie clothes, onesies, blankets, and burp cloths, clean and put away. 









Boy I forgot just how tiny those sleepers were!









I still need to help the kids get packed, charge the camera batteries and get the SD cards cleaned off, catch up on a few emails, and make a list of things for Ben to put in the car on the way out the door....and then I think I'm done. A few other things that could be done but I think life can go on without them.





 So tell me, what all do you usually do in the last few days to get ready for a new baby? (Just in case I forgot anything! Ha!) I'll be back soon, maybe with a baby to show off! Will it be a Silas or Claire? :) xo, Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment