Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Moisture, Massages, and Maintenance

As a result of having the yarn braids in for about a month and moisturizing my scalp regularly I realized something. I experience less itchy scalp in the winter if I keep my hair and scalp properly moisturized. Properly for me is applying some form of moisture to my hair and scalp almost daily. The Huetiful Hair steamer is also great for those days I want moisture but I am too lazy.

Incorporating a midweek co-wash has done wonders but my hair is telling me it can be better. So along with the mid-week co-washes I am also going to add in nightly scalp massages. I plan to try this for one month to determine if I get any additional benefits from the massages. Hopefully, nightly massages will not be too much for my hair - I will assess daily.

Wash Day

No comments:

Post a Comment