Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Regimen/Product Update & Tips

After removing the yarn braids I decided (along with the help of this brutal winter) that I need to amp up the moisture in my hair care regimen.

So far, I have been consistent with deep conditioning every week and limiting the use of shampoo. I am still deep conditioning with Giovanni SAS and we I do use shampoo and make sure to pre-poo with either Jasmine oil or Amla oil.

Mid-week I have been trying to implement a additional co-wash into my regimen. My hair needs (and loves) more exposure to water - water is the ultimate moisturizer. For the mid-week co-wash I have started using HE Hello Hydration because it is thick and creamy has worked well for my hair in the past.

Daily I am spritzing my hair with more moisture by spraying it each morning and night with Aloe Gro. I am following up that spritz by sealing in that moisture with coconut oil. My hair also soaks up coconut oil like there is no tomorrow!

Protective styles can be the busy lady's best friend. Doing my hair once a week saves me time and also limits me from over-manipulating my hair. Last winter I learned that a simple and consistent regimen can yield desirable results and I believe that anyone can do it.

First, decide what you will do on a regular schedule (monthly, weekly, daily).
Next, you want to select products for each step of your regimen and make sure those products work well together and work well with your hair. Choose products based on what your hair likes instead of what is popular at the moment.
Then, start doing some styles with your hair that will encourage styling practice and protect your strands from too much stress or harmful elements. This does not necessarily mean that you have to stay in braids and/twists. Don't limit your self, get creative.
Finally, garner your patience and perform your hair care routine on a consistent basis - write it down if you have to. There is a 99.9% chance that the results will not be instant but with time you will reap the benefits of simple yet effective hair care.


Good Luck! Happy Healthy Hair Journey!
Please comment and share your tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment