Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How has Kendra been wearing her hair??

I can just hear all my followers saying,

"This is a HAIR BLOG, Kendra!!. We don't just want random articles, we want to see pictures, otherwise we think you don't know what you're talking about."

Okay, okay! lol.

Well here is the thing ladies. My camera chord was lost for almost 2 weeks! But what was lost has been found (smile) so I am going to be posting lots of pics now!! Here are a few styles that I took pictures of within that 2 week period of time.

A Curly Madness Do
Pulled into a side messy bun with a few curlies dangling all over the place


Pulled back on the other side:
I don't smooth down my ends when I pull it back, it has a bit of frizz to it, but that doesn't bother me because I have
FRIZZY HAIR! Its all part of embracing what you have!


Close up of my bun. I just pinned the curls randomly. No method to my madness, I just play in it until I'm happy with how it looks lol
I like a BIG and kind of messy look thats still classy. I didn't separate the curls that much because I liked how they looked big :) It reminded me of this cool bantu knot out I saw once.

I'm a Pentecostal Yes I Am
Don't ask me how I did that because I don't know. I just started rolling and pinning and WALAH!

I was on my way to school. I did this style on the curls from the day before. I didn't have time to re-roll my hair so the curls were a bit flat. So I did an up-do instead :)

I LOVED how the front turned out!! And for the back, I did a twisted side bun. I guess I like side buns a lot huh? Haha. Its becoming quite the signature style for me.


My Make-Shift Do
There is a very funny story behind this one that I MUST tell. So my husband is the coach for our senior bible quiz team and I am his assistant. At the end of January we had our first tournament. Well I packed all my stuff and sent Brendan with my bags because I was going to drive up with some church family after work. To my dismay, when I arrived, I found out that by mistake, our bags got left. So all I had was my outfit for the next day in the garment bag and all the complimentary toiletries that the hotel had to offer. So I styled my hair with conditioner, yes with conditioner. lol No it wasn't organic but it made a cute do for the day! haha :) Kendra is learning how to make it work!!
I did a few rolls in the front and made my own headband with a twist :)

My signature curlies on the side and another signature, my high bun!
I did another twist going back to add some texture :)

Here is the other side. It was pretty cool looking in my opinion. Styled with my fingers and conditioner haha

Close up :)

 I will be taking a pic everyday this week and on Saturday I will post all of them so you can see how I wear my hair day to day. Bad hair days, good hair days- all of them. (uh-oh) haha. I am proud of my work!! I hope you enjoyed my styles and are inspired to try them. I would do tutorials but seriously I cannot re-create so many of the styles I do :(

I literally get in the mirror and play with it until it looks how I want it. Try it and see what you come up with! The sky is the limit!!

If you see a style you like but your hair isn't as long as the person wearing it, then modify it and make it fit your hair. That's what I do!

Celebrating happy, healthy and FUN hair <3

No comments:

Post a Comment