Sunday, February 13, 2011

Easy like Sunday morning...








Sunday mornings around here have been much different for the last couple of months. I really miss going to church with my family and then to hang out with family after church at my mother-in-law's house, but we have found a way to make it special. Each week now one little one stays home from church to take care of mama. I try to have something special ready for them a snack, a movie, a project, something like that. This week it was Timothy's turn, and just like any little man, he's not hard to please! All he needed was a little junk food! Ben took him the night before to the "candy store" (AKA the gas station) and let him pick out his special prize. He got a bag of chips, some Dr. Pepper, and a bar of chocolate for mama. Sweet boy.









So this Sunday morning was spent watching "boy movies", eating junk food, and looking at unusual and "awesome" chips with my sweet little man. And he even let me take pictures of him! Do you see how dirty his hands are? It's from tending to the fire for me. I noticed them being filthy while he was showing me chips....but I figured, ah, it's his bag of chips, he can eat them with dirty hands if he wants! I mean this is his Sunday. :)

 







This one was a poisonous snake. He bit it's head off. By the way, how can his bed-head make me so happy? It's so Tim.










Our life right now is all about making things work. Like finding new ways to make a special day stay special. I look forward to being with my church family again and hanging with the family for lunch, but I will probably miss my special Sundays alone with each of these little people that make my life so full.



I'm still hanging in there. I've been in a bit of trouble for the last couple of days (too many contractions on the monitor) but I'm still hoping for a good report on Tuesday. I'm doing the best I can! I'll keep you posted. :) xo, Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment