Tuesday, January 4, 2011

They Love Me







She is still wearing the hat....I think that she loves it almost as much as her guitar, which also rarely leaves her side these days. This morning, as we were all waking up, I called from the bed "Molly, will you make a pot of coffee?" and she called back "Yes, because you made me a hat!" My sweet girl. 









After some testing yesterday I started on Madeline's leg warmers. Since they are basically just a long tube, all I had to figure out was how many stitches to cast on to make the ribbing fit over her foot and onto her calf. The number also had to be divisible by 4 so that the 2x2 ribbing would work out. Her magic number was 32. I made a little tester cuff first by casting on 28 stitches and working about 5 rows of ribbing and then binding off. The tester was a little snug so I decided to size up and it worked out great. Oh, and now Maddie is wearing the test cuff as a bracelet and she thinks I'm awesome for thinking of such a cool thing. Who Knew?! I'm on a winning streak here! Can it just stay like this forever? Please? God, are you sure they have to grow up? This is just so much fun, I'm going to enjoy every moment! xo, Sam 

No comments:

Post a Comment