Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fall/Winter 2010 - Week 12

I started out this week SLACK because I was looking forward to removing the yarn braids. I did oil and steam my scalp but I didn't put much effort towards any type of style for the week.


Sunday and Wednesday
I oiled my scalp lightly with Castor oil and sat under the steamer. This became one of my favorite things to do with the braids.

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
It took me Thursday evening, Friday evening, and all of Saturday to get the braids completely removed. I was hoping to have the braids removed in time for me to shampoo and deep condition my hair - it didn't happen. It was late, my hands were cramping, and I was tired.

As far as length retention is concerned, I did not measure my length before braiding but I could tell by the roots that I gained ½" - 1" of growth all over. Some areas displayed more growth than others and that is a characteristic of my hair that I have come to expect.

Full yarn braid review coming...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment