Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fall/Winter 2010 - Week 13

Sunday
I was finally able to get some time to shampoo, deep condition, and steam my hair after removing the yarn braids. I shampooed with Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) shampoo, deep conditioned with Giovanni SAS conditioner, and sat under the steamer for 15 minutes. Instead of pulling my hair back into a bun, I wanted to enjoy the "free hair" feeling for a day or two so I put about 6 two strand twists in my hair using SheaMoisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

Monday
In the morning I untwisted each section and fluffed. The outside air was not as dry because it rained a little here - this was perfect timing to have my hair out. On Monday night I re-twisted each section because I worked out without properly pulling my hair up.

Tuesday
Tuesday morning was a repeat of Monday morning. It's been a while since I have styled my hair each morning and I forgot that it is not always time consuming. Tuesday night I decided to co-wash my hair so that I could pull it back into a bun for the rest of the week. I used Suave Naturals Aloe Vera and Ginseng to co-wash and applied a leave-in conditioner afterwards. To slick my hair back into the bun the only product I used was shea butter.

Wednesday - Thursday
Wearing a bun requires very little maintenance. Since I did a damp bun (bunned my hair while still wet) I did not have to moisturize the ends at night. The only thing to do at night was put on my head scarf.

Friday
Friday night I set my hair in some two strand twists and flat twists for an "out" style for Saturday's meet-up.

Saturday
I wore my twist out to the meet-up and then reset the style at night for Sunday. The look received a lot of compliments and questions so I did a brief tutorial on how I achieved the look, it will be posted later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment