Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ben, baby and I went on a little trip...








....they had room service and good ice....









....pull out beds....









....things that go "ding" and "bing" in the night (and day come to think of it)...










...and a few other extras. Funny thing is, with all of the laying around that you do in this place, I only seemed to get a few minutes sleep in the whole night and day that I was there! I think that sleep may be forbidden at this particular place (and other places like it).





By now you've probably guessed that it wasn't exactly a vacation. :) We made our first preterm-labor-trip to the hospital on Monday night. The procardia just wasn't helping with the contractions that were coming steadily at 3-4 minutes apart, so we bit the bullet and drove in. We officially have about 8 1/2 weeks left before this baby is due, so it's not quite time yet. Thank God for good doctors that don't mind working with high risk trouble-makers like me! After a few shots, sticks, IV fluids, lots of pills, and steroid shots (to help develop baby's lungs quickly), my body calmed down and labor stopped. They have change my medicines up again and as of now it seems to be holding. They let me come home tonight, but now that I'm "dilated and thinned out" the "strict bed rest" begins! The very shaky Brethine kind. This may sound like bad news, but it's actually very good news for us! First off we have never before made it completely through the second trimester without being dilated, and this time I made it to the third! Second, we have always had to make our first hospital run at least a couple of weeks before now! So who knows? I may be able to hold out for 36 1/2 weeks this time or MAYBE even 37 weeks. A girl can dream right?





I had a crafting post lined up for yesterday, but I wasn't feeling so hot with the back-labor and all, so I will try to get that posted in the next few days. There may not be many more crafty posts for a while, as it's almost impossible to work with these shaky fingers, but you'll still come and visit wont you? Right? I'll see you soon friends! I'll keep ya posted on little Silas or Claire. Oh, and if you have an extra minute today could you send up a little prayer? Thanks :) xo, Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment