Thursday, January 27, 2011

Adjustments


It has been over a week since I have posted here on the old abandoned blog, I miss you guys! As you can imagine, this last week has been FULL of adjustments for our family. On my end I've been trying to get adjusted to total bed rest and my new medicines. The first week on the brethine is always the worst as far as side effects go, so it should begin to get better from here on out. I've mainly just been really shaky (Ben says that he's going to put me in charge of the jiffy pop! Silly boy), it's been really hard to concentrate (which is why I haven't been able to even throw together a blog post, believe me, I tried, it wasn't pretty), and I only manage to get about four hours of sleep a night. I may be going a little crazy with nothing to work on, but I'm determined to try to crochet soon and maybe since my hands know the motions so well (after 15 years!) it will work out. This not crafting stuff is for the birds! I NEED some handmade therapy! :)



Baby and I are doing well, but my doctor doesn't think we will make it past 36 weeks. We went for another visit on Tuesday. Things seem to be moving more quickly since it all started this time...maybe it's my age or how many babies I've had, I don't know. I just keep praying for a strong healthy baby that gets to come home with mama and daddy! I don't worry so much about girls because both of my girls got to come home with us, but boys....oh those lazy white boys, Tim's little lungs just were not ready. He had to stay for 10 days in the NICU, we got to have him home for a week, and then he went back to the hospital with RSV and stayed another week. If this baby is a boy I sure hope he's ready!



My sweet family has had more adjustments than me. They went from having a part time mama to being full time mama caretakers, everyone has taken on more work and responsibilities. They have all made me so proud! The kids have taken on more chores, and they take shifts "babysitting mama". What they call "babysitting mama" is getting all of my drinks, snacks or meals, snickling (snuggling) up to me (you know how I hate to sit, sleep, or even be by myself), occasionally playing with my hair (LOVE), and getting anything else that a bed bound mama may need. They are such sweet babies! Ben, oh poor Ben, he is working full time outside the home and inside the home. He has cooked, cleaned, done laundry, done a little "nesting" for me, and just been the best Mr. Mom ever! My family has really been wonderful and I am so grateful!



This pregnancy has been different for us. It's been such a shocker from the beginning, and to be honest I still don't think it has quite hit us yet that there will be a baby here in just a few weeks! My children have learned a lot, because with Molly only being three when we brought Maddie home, they don't have any memories of mama pregnant (or what all is involved in that!). I think that we have all learned to appreciate each other a little more, I sooo appreciate them all stepping up and taking care of things while I can't, and they are learning to appreciate mama for all of those jobs that usually get done without notice. Overall there have been a lot of changes around here in the last week or so, and a lot of adjustments have been made, and I have to say that I feel like the most BLESSED mama in the world right now! I have a wonderful supportive family, a sweet baby on the way, adoption paperwork seems to be moving right along at the moment, and God has taken care of everything! Life is crazy, but good. :)



I'll be back soon with pictures from my nest. I've decided to try to document more of this process in the next few weeks. Wanna come along?  xo,Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment