Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fall/Winter 2010 - Week 11

It's been about a month now and the yarn braids are still in place. I was hoping to take them out on Jan 15 but due to situations beyond my control I was unable to do what I wanted. The braids are not looking bad, I just miss my hair and I know the shed hairs are just piling up. The removal and wash day will be interesting to say the least. My plan for removing the braids is to apply a lot of conditioner to the braids in sections and try to get the braids to slide out. I will report back if this was a success or failure.

My routine is a repeat of the past few weeks. Yarn braids would be perfect for a vacation or to have if you know you will have a very busy few weeks ahead.

Sunday and Wednesday
Castor oil was applied to my scalp lightly oil and then I sat under the steamer for about 20 minutes.

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
I am continuing to spray my scalp each morning and night with Aloe Gro to moisturize. I am also continuing to focus some attention on the length of my hair with the aloe gro to retain some moisture on the ends of my hair.and spritzed it lightly to prevent my ends from drying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment