Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our new girl :)











I got to see our little Violet again yesterday! I was kicking myself (again) for leaving my camera at home but Ben got these two pictures with his phone. Isn't she lovely? She likes me already, in fact I think she may have cried when I left. ;}





One night when Molly was a couple of months old Ben and I went out to eat at a nice restaurant. I was holding her while I ate and an old minister stopped by our table to see her. He looked at her for a minute and his eyes filled with tears and he told me something that I will never forget..."This is the closest to heaven you will ever be here on earth." That's how it feels to me now too. Every Time I get to hold one of God's little gifts I think about those words. I think they mean something different to me now than they did then. Back then, as a very young mama, it seemed like having babies was just the most natural thing in the world, it was just a choice you made and then everything always just came out the way it was supposed to in the end. Now the older more seasoned me knows that that's not quite the way things work. The longer I'm a mama the more I appreciate these precious little gifts. As I held our little Violet yesterday I thought about what a blessing she is and will be to our family. She is here because God sent her. 










Honestly though, who could not be excited over a sweet little face like that? Impossible! Oh, and the kisses that come off of those cheeks are addictive let me tell you! She's just so sweet, and I LOVE being her aunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment