Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Say Hello to Flexi-Rods Part 2

Can I just say that I LOVE flexi-rods!! I totally agree with Chelsea. This is going to be a HUGE part of my styling from here on out. I get a classy look, with a low hassle, no heat, protective, no combing, low manipulation. OH YES. I am FOR this :)

The reason why it took me so long to post these pics is due to trial and error. Saturday night, I washed my hair, conditioned and detangled. Then I put in the flexi rods. Well, Sunday morning my hair didn't dry. So I had to do an up-do for church both services. So I went at it again on Sunday night for Monday morning. I rolled it dry with oil and it turned out frizzy. No bueno. So again I rocked another up do. FINALLY on Monday night, I spritzed it with my leave in conditioner spray (purified water, aloe vera juice, and oil mix), I sealed my ends with my Grow mask and rolled again. It turned out so good! I am so pleased with the results!!

So here are some pics:
(I apologize for the quality, my camera died so I had to use my phone!)


Can you see the difference in the curl definition from the back versus the front? I twisted the front and then rolled it in the flexi rods. The results were more of a bantu knot out type of curl rather than a Shirley temple curl. I liked it a lot!


Bouncy.
Soft.
TONS of body.
&& Super Duper Girly.


Flexi-Rod Rolling Ideas:
  • Put your hair in two strand twists and then roll the twists. In the morning, take out the flexi rods and carefully separate the twists. OR leave the twists and wear them curly! Its a great way to refresh your twists
  • Add 3-5 cornrows on the side of your hair and flexi rod the rest of your hair
  • Put your hair in small-medium box braids and then rolls the braids! Wear them curly!
  • Flexi rod your entire head and then pull your hair into a puff for a cute curly pony
  • Flexi rod your entire head and then pin up the sides to create a curly fo-hawk
  • Pull your curls into a side low pony tail and pin up the curls for an elegant look for church. Add some pin curls to the top
Celebrating new style options <3

No comments:

Post a Comment