Thursday, January 6, 2011

I can see my shed hairs!

[Source]
I recently shampooed my scalp after two weeks of having the yarn braids. I applied the shampoo with a pointed tip that I was able to screw onto my shampoo bottle. The pointed tip enabled me to only apply the shampoo to my scalp. I massage the shampoo in lightly and then did the same massaging motion in the shower under running water. After rinsing thoroughly I carefully grabbed sections of the braids so that I could wring out the excess water (similar to how you would wring out a washcloth).

Once out of the shower and my braids were towel dried I took a look and notices some white flecks in my hair near the scalp. I thought maybe that I did not rinse thoroughly but then I noticed that the flecks would not come out because they were the bulbs from my shed hairs. I shed heavily so they are really noticeable in the front section of my hair line.

Shed Hair Bulbs

I have not done the black tea rinses since installing the braids because I wasn't sure how the tea and braids would react to each other. I will be doing a black tea rinse as soon as these braids are removed.


Got questions about hair shedding?
Natural Hair Growth Cycle
Excessive Shedding Because of Braids
Shedding and Hair Loss
Get Shedding Under Control

No comments:

Post a Comment