Tuesday, May 25, 2010

You Asked...I Answered

This is fun! Keep 'em coming :)
<-------- Just click over there on "contact me"

You Asked:

My name is
(deleted for privacy) and I love Gospel like you. I live in Brazil and my goal is know people and share interesting information. Can you send me some gospel musics?
I Answered:
I get acquainted with most of my music through YouTube and following the Rapzilla blog. It's sad that one has to hunt for uplifting music (both Gospel and secular) but the negative music is so easily found and thrown in your face. I hope you find a lot that you like.

-----

You Asked:
(prompted by Simple Braid-out) Love it,your hair looks great. When I do mine, the ends always look crazy because they unravel...how long does that style actually stay in before you have to rebraid or wash it?
I Answered:
Since I am now only wearing my hair out on the weekends my braid-outs and twist-outs stay for only a day or two because I wash them out to put my hair back up for the week. I have worn those styles for up to a week before, so that is possible. For ends that unravel, perm rods can be used on the ends to help them curl and stay together.

-----

You Asked:
Hi Tia! I was interested in knowing if you use any products other than Suave or what is handmade?

Also have you ever tried Aveda or Kerastase hair products?

What your motivation, or inspiration for your hairstyles, or mixing process?Or what could you tell me that would help assist me in getting more focused/in tune on how to care for my curly hair?

BY the way Kelis is my hair idol too.lol
I Answered:
I do use other products outside of the Suave family it's just that they Suave line never seems to let me down so when I am not sure about what to use I always go back to my "ol faithful" Suave. I even use their body washes. I use Herbal Essences (Hello Hydration and Long-Term Relationship), I use some Africa's Best product (mostly oils), Shea Moisture for my leave-in conditioner, and Care Free Curl for my moisturizer.

I have not tried Aveda or Kerastase hair products. I have heard of them but I REFUSE to become a product junkie. So I may try them one day if I am completely out of something and I see them while I am out shopping. I never say never :) when it comes to trying something hair related.

Most of the motivation for my styles comes from seeing something online or in a magazine that I like and putting my own twist on it when I try the style. Since all of our textures, hair lines, and lengths are different I feel that even if we try to do identical styles that they will always come out looking unique to each individual.

Getting in tune with your hair will come with time. You will notice over time the signs that your hair gives you when it is in need of something (moisture, deep conditioning, treatments, etc). Then you will notice the time frame between those needs and before you know it you will be able to meet or beat them before the time arrives to do what is needed. When I was learning my hair and I would buy a new product, I would use that product for at least a month to determine if it was right for me. Many of use want overnight results and when we don't get them we get disappointed and we put that 95% full product in the back of the closet - money wasted. Simply put, it will take time and trial & error.


No comments:

Post a Comment