Thursday, May 27, 2010

Protective Styling Challenge: Cornrows

I like challenges, they keep me consistent.

This time I am doing a self imposed cornrow challenge. When I was in college I wore cornrows (no weave) all the time and it was so convenient. Presently, I do them often but typically not more than a week at a time. I was motivated to do this challenge as I browsed through the FOTKI album of Forevercurlycatrina and watched some of the YouTube vids of LongHairDontCare2011. Forevercurlycatrina has some awesome cornrow styles that are cute and very feminine. LongHairDontCare2011 has some impressive length that came without complicated regimens.

Cornrows are super low manipulation and low manipulation = length retention. :)

My regimen will be as follows:
Prepoo
Shampoo
Deep Condition
Apply leave in condition
Style using only oils
Remove braids and let hair rest overnight before re-braiding.

My concerns:
Getting carried away and braiding to tightly
Roughly handling my hair while braiding
(If I can avoid those issues I think I will do okay with this challenge. )

I wanted to start this month long challenge on June 1 but with the last weekend in May being a busy holiday weekend I will start on May 30 with a fresh set of cornrows.



No comments:

Post a Comment