Thursday, May 6, 2010

Question and Answer: What products will make my hair grow?

This may be my first (I think) controversial post - please keep in mind that this is just my opinion. However, I welcome respectful debate.



Q: What products will make my hair grow faster?

(my) A: None. Hair grows in phases and it has been claimed that about 85% of all hairs are in a growth cycle at the same time. Hence, your hair is growing and is always growing (there is the topic of terminal length...to be discussed later). Scalp hair grows, on average, at a rate of about half an inch per month, and shampoos or vitamins have not been scientifically proven to noticeably change this rate. There has been a study conducted about natural oils that enhanced hair growth. I have experienced and become a believer of protecting and properly caring for the ends of your hair in order to retain the length that is gained each month. For years my hair was right around shoulder length and I thought it would never get longer. One winter of bunning and keeping my hair off my shoulders made a huge difference in the length of my hair.


So basically my theory is: "Products don't result in growth but proper hair care will encourage length retention which will in turn reveal your growth"


*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• tia¸.•*´¨)

No comments:

Post a Comment