Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shampoo Day!

First thing first....I needed to file my nails. I had some little ridges that I know would have sliced right through my strands.

Prepoo: I separated my hair (with my fingers only) in four sections and applied coconut oil to the entire length, starting about 1/2 - 1 inch from my scalp. Then I braided each section. I left this on overnight. I wore a plastic cap under a hat(for going out in public) until I was ready to wash. I love hats :)
Shampoo: I shampooed once focusing on my scalp with Suave Tropical Coconut Shampoo. I used my Roots Only applicator to apply the shampoo directly on my scalp. After shampooing I noticed that my hair was a lot softer than usual. I think the coconut prepoo had a lot to do with that.

Deep Condition: I like to do an Oil Rinse after shampooing but since I am starting the Castor Oil Challenge I didn't want to overdo it with the oils so I deep conditioned with Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol that was mixed with Olive oil, Rosemary EO, and Peppermint EO.
Right now I have my hair in two braids just resting, I didn't do anything special to it.
Just apply some conditioner prior to braiding and left it alone to air dry.

Styling: I have been wanting to try this style I saw on Essence.com for a long time. I think that is will allow me to reach my scalp with oiling this week so I gave it a shot. Pics coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment