Wednesday, January 20, 2010

About Me



Excuse my rudeness, where was my introduction?

Currently, I am employed full time in customer service, a full time student pursuing my master's degree in Community and Social services, and a wife. I love God, He's the center of my joy, I have a furbaby named Tyson (he's a pit but doesn't know it). In my opinion he acts more like a cat or a small lap dog.....60+lbs in your lap is not fun.

I am natural and have always been my entire 27 years on this earth. When I was younger I was influenced by many sources to feel ashamed of my curliness. As a result I wore press-n-curls consistently. When it was time to wash my hair I would hide from everyone for three days until I could get it under control. I probably would have gotten a relaxer but that was something that did not fit in our family budget at the time. I was persuaded to embrace my coils one day when my boyfriend (now husband) saw my hair on was day. He kept touching it and complimenting it and suggested that I wear curly. I took his advice, I was nervous, and have not turned back since. He has been my greatest supporter and motivator.

Not everyone is happy about my hair...mainly family. But guess what? I don't care. It's my head and my hair and I finally feel like myself. There is nothing wrong with me and "what God gave me is just fine."

Even though I have always had natural hair, I never took care of my hair properly. I used products that the relaxed girls used, I loaded my hair and scalp with hair grease, and consistently used extreme heat on my tresses. Upon discovering the many hair care sites out there I decided to start treating my hair like I it should be treated. Keeping this blog is a way to "check myself" and keep track of styles, regimens that works, and products my hair loves and hates. Now, I am finally happy with my hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment