Monday, September 27, 2010

Roller-set complete!

So, I battled the heat and decided to roller-set my hair and attempt to sit under that hot dryer (see why I almost didn't here).

It was hot so I'm going to be honest and say that I did not (could not) sit under that dryer long enough for the set to dry completely. So. I ended up air drying and flat ironing (that will be another post) but not bone straight. I have some body but as soon as my feet hit the street on Saturday I immediately missed my curls- they are an extension of my personality.
Braid-out on Flat Ironed Hair
To roller-set:
1. Hair was shampooed and deep conditioned
2. Leave-in conditioner applied
3. Hair was divided into five sections in preparation for the "cheat roller set"
4. Each ponytail was divided in two and set on magnetic rollers using FOTE aloe vera gel
5. I sat under the dryer for almost an hour and then let the set air dry for an additional hour
6. After removing the rollers, I flat ironed my hair on med heat, one pass, and with IC Fantasia heat protector
7. I am still styling my hair in buns because the point of roller setting was to gauge the shape of my hair and to stretch out my ends for SSK prevention

Let's see if I can do two weeks of this before washing...

No comments:

Post a Comment