Friday, September 24, 2010

Tip: Modifying your hat

                                                         
 

I love wearing hats and I think I have one in almost every color. Many of my hats resemble the ones pictured above. We all know that it's not in our hair's best interest to have something rough constantly rubbing against it. So to remedy this problem I have a little trick to keep my hair safe and still wear my hats regularly.

Before putting on a hat I style my hair (twists, braids, etc) and apply any product of my choosing and then I put on a black bonnet


After putting on the bonnet I then put on my hat. Since the bonnet is black it gives the illusion that I am actually wearing a lined hat. This method is easier, cheaper, and quicker than purchasing fabric to line all of your hats one by one.

Another benefit of this method is that your can set your hair under the bonnet for a style especially if you are not one to leave the house with braid or twist sets visible.

Happy hat wearing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment