Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My reason for straightening

The ends of hair are extremely curly and coil around themselves easily. The picture below shows the curls that form from simply wetting my hair.

As a result of all of this "curliness" I experience a lot of SSKs. Sometimes I feel like I get more than the average curly girl. To remedy the problem (temporarily) I figured I would roller-set my hair for awhile because a roller-set stretches out my curls and prevents them from curling up onto each other. 

Also, roller-sets make it easier for me to identifying split ends and SSKs - then I S&D (it sounds so evil, LOL). By destroying those ends I can retain more length and experience less breakage. I have found that healthy ends are a great contributor to my length retention. I believe that my ends are now suffering as a result of a busy life and lack of proper hair care many times over the last two months. Roller-setting will help whip my hair back into shape for my bunning this winter. I can feel myself getting close to a length in which I will just focus on maintaining and not so much retaining more length. 

Un-stretched

Stretched


SSKs = Single Strand Knots
S&D= Search and Destroy

---
Then my hubby got jealous and wanted his own length check, lol (we're racing):

No comments:

Post a Comment