Monday, September 27, 2010

Caring for My Straight Hair

September 2010

Usually I like to use water based moisturizers but when my hair has been straighten/roller-set; water based moisturizers would revert my curl and defeat the purpose. So I need implement my straight hair regimen.

I continue to do protective styles when my hair is straight (buns, french braids, tucked ponytails, etc)

Every other night (or sooner, if needed) I apply a palm full of any lightweight oil to my length (about the last 6-10 inches of my hair). If needed, I will also oil my scalp - but not often.

If I plan to bun for a few days I used something a little heavier like the Koils by Nature hair butter on the ends of my hair.

Lastly, I make sure to wear my satin scarf or bonnet each night.

I have some Vatika oil that I have been waiting to try. I am going to use that for the next fews that I am roller-setting my hair. If you have any experience with this oil, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment