Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Still...

Still knitting Colbi's domino-diamond scarf. I don't know when to stop, and I don't know how long it should be.


Still reeling from the L.A. trip. The snow in the Mojave Desert was mind tripping. I loved Disneyland, I loved The Haunted Mansion, I thought I died on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, I fell in love (all over again) with Tinkerbell, and the fireworks were the best I'd ever seen. The castle wasn't the one I thought it would be (I thought it was the Cinderella castle, but it was the Sleeping Beauty castle). I finally got to ride Space Mountain and the Monorail. I felt like I was 10 years old. Disneyland was wonderful, and I loved being there with Andrew. He makes everything fun.

He was such a trouper when we went in search for Rush's (non-existant) star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. We walked the whole 3.5 miles looking for the star. Eventhough they've been nominated, the star hasn't been inlaid yet. They have up to 5 years from the date of induction. I got to see all my favorite movie stars foot and handprints (Lucille Ball didn't participate). I saw Myrna Loy, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Eddie Murphy, Gary Cooper, Gregory Peck, etc. I am such an old movie fan, so I was in my element. When we went to Warner Brothers Studio, I was in heaven. We got to see actual movie studios, props, costumes, and actual Oscars. Unfortunately, we didn't get to take the camera inside the museum. I saw the stage that "Dark Victory" (1939 - Bette Davis) was shot on. Another treat was that we got to go onto the sets of The Ellen DeGeneres Show and Julia Luis-Dreyfuss' show (don't watch that one). We saw Jim Parsons (Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory) driving around the lot. Of course, we did all of this in the rain! We also saw Warner Brother Records, Atlantic Records, the round Capitol Records building, and the NBC studios. I saw everything I wanted to see. The Hollywood sign was BREATHTAKING (see pic above). Adding pics to a photo album is on my ever growing list. The L.A. Trip ranks #3 on our trips (#1 Grand Canyon, #2 Mexico).



What wasn't such a good time was how my curly malaysian CLIZZOWNED!!! It rained the first 3 days we were there, and that didn't stop us from our agenda. My hair turned into... you guessed it... a TRIBBLE!!! I should have known better when the left ponytail completely locked in the car, before we even got there. I guess from the humidity. I was able to comb it out in the car. That second night, I spent 3 hours in the bathroom trying to untangle. We had to go to the grocery store to get some slippery conditioner (Tressemme Flawless Curls). I know I used half of that big bottle. I finally got it untangled. I can't believe that I didn't take pictures of the Tribble. For the rest of the trip, I had to contain it in a bun:


Now, we're all excited about starting the P90X Home Fitness System. I got the hookup from the BHM Exercise section. I have all the materials, we even bought weights and resistance bands. I want to thoroughly read all the material before we start. I know it's going to kick my azz, but I have to do something about this gut.

I've got 3 music videos on my YT channel. We recorded Alice In Chain's "No Excuses", but the video was jank because I was also burning discs for Meechie, so I had to remove it. We may redo it tonight, but definitely Friday. Next up for me is Rush's "Resist". I'm still trying to get the vocal just right. It's pretty fun reading all the positive feedback.

Now, all I have to do find a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment