Monday, February 8, 2010

I love shea butter!!

I get asked about my skin a lot so here's a post about it. My skin care regimen is more simple than my hair care regimen. I wash nightly with Dudu Osun African Black Soap and then apply 100% raw African shea butter. Yes, I go to bed greasy and no this does not cause me to breakout. In the morning I wash my face with Aveeno Oatmeal soap and moisture with Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing lotion. Those are the only products that touch my face and I haven't had a breakout in years. There is no reason why I use one soap in the morning and the other at night - it is purely based on convenience. I have alternated them without a problem.


Guess who else uses Shea Butter on her face?
You have to admit...her skin is awesome!
Elle: You must be doing something, though. When I saw you at the Women in Hollywood Awards last month, your skin glowed like nothing else. What products do you use?
Amber Rose: Thank you so much! I’ve always been good about moisturizing. Every morning and every night, everyday. What I do, and this sounds kind of weird, but I buy these pint-size containers of raw African shea butter from street vendors, I microwave it, and after I shower, I rub it everywhere. Even on my scalp and face. Nothing works better. And it’s cheap!
Source: Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment