Friday, February 19, 2010

Castor Oil Challenge Weeks 1-3

I wanted to do weekly summaries but, I have been so distracted by and busy with school....can't wait until it's all over and done with.

End of Week 1:
I noticed that my scalp did not feel as dry as it usually does and that was great. I started the first week with oiling my scalp using my fingers twice a week.

End of Week 2:
I decided to up my oiling to 3 times a week just because it feels so great and the oil absorbs so fast and so well. As long as I am not feeling like an oil slick I am okay with more than twice a week. My scalp was still feeling great. After washing I didn't not have any flaky dryness after my hair dried. Yes!

End of Week 3:
This week has been weird. My scalp has been sore and itchy in only one spot (the crown). The itchiness is normal for me - one day I hope to figure out the cause. So I added a few drops of tea tree oil to help with the itching. This may also be due to stress because this week has been sorta hectic. When I was in undergrad and I would get really stressed my hair would start graying at a fast rate and my shedding would increase. I thought I would losing my hair but it stayed thick and I didn't have bald spots. I try to relax when I feel myself getting stressed but that is not always easy. I am hoping to get a break sometime this weekend, hopefully after I am done with my papers for school.


How is the challenge going for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment