Friday, February 12, 2010

Building YOUR Regimen

Upon starting my healthy hair journey I never even thought once about developing and having a regimen. Now it is one of the first tips that I give someone when I am asked for advice. Why? Because I wish someone would have told me! I get the most true results from products when I use them on a regular schedule. I lost count of the number of times I tossed something in the trash because it didn't work the 1 or 2 times I used it-and used it inconsistently. While building my regimen I used the following layout and tips (based on my experience):

First decide your overall goals for your hair, assess your hair needs to get there, and research your options.

Once you decide on steps and products then decide how often you want to do those methods.

I found it easy to split my regimen into time frames - daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly.

Here is an example of one method from each time frame:
Daily: Moisturize
Weekly: Deep Condition
Monthly: Shampoo
Quarterly: Trim ends
Yearly: Henna
This is what works for me and some of the methods will change according to the season. Like with shampooing...I do that more frequently in the warmer months because I am outside a lot and there is chance of sweat :)

To help keep me organized I created a chart. I have a lot to do so this helps me keep track of what I am supposed to be doing and when.


No comments:

Post a Comment