Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cornrows = Scalp Rest

A few days ago I stated how my scalp was itchy and sore. The itching I am used to - it just happens during this season. The soreness was because I was going a little too hard with scratching. I have even awaken myself in the middle of the night because I was scratching too hard. So I decided to cornrow my hair for low manipulation and rest. I don't braid tight so this was perfect. I am on day 4 of my cornrows and the soreness is gone. My scalp just needed to be left alone to heal.

I haven't figured out why my scalp itches or what causes it and no I have not been to a dermatologists - I barely have time to eat. Ever since I can remember my scalp has done this during the cold weather. It's probably the dry hair because guess what - my skin hurts and itches also. I have to slather on shea butter just to be comfortable. During the summer - no issues. I am drinking more water in hopes that increase fluid intake will help. It's bearable so I'll live. :)

Here are the cornrows:

No comments:

Post a Comment