Friday, February 26, 2010

Black History Month: Because of...

I did not do as many posts as I originally wanted to do with BHM. February has been busy and time really flew by.

Because of Mark Dean (1957 - ) along with his co-inventor Dennis Moelle created a microcomputer system with bus control means for peripheral processing devices. This invention allows the use of computer plug-ins like disk drives, speakers, scanners, etc... I can blog

Because of Thomas J. Martin patented a fire extinguisher in 1872 my kitchen didn't burn down (long story).

Because of Joseph Winters invented a fire escape ladder in 1878 I have a way to escape a burning building.

Because of Lonnie G. Johnson (1949 - ), an engineer who performed spacecraft system design for NASA, invented the Super Soaker water gun - the number one selling toy in America in 1991 I can win those summertime water fights!

Because of John Love invented the pencil sharpener in 1897 I was provided with a tool for learning.

Because of music composer and producer, Quincy Jones is the most Grammy-nominated artist in the history of the awards with 76 nominations and 26 awards I heard some good music.

And because of the 2.4 million black military veterans in the United States -the highest of any minority group (According to the American Community Survey, in 2005) I am able to live in the land of the free!

No comments:

Post a Comment