Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lessons I've Learned Thus Far

I have been natural all my life. Only indulge in a little box color every know and then. However, I not too long ago learned how to properly care for my hair. Although, I am still learning here are a few lessons I have learned the hard way:

1. My hair does not like to be handled a lot. Once a week is good enough for me.

2. I can't not use shampoo. I will never be a "no-poo" girl

3. Moisturizing is important and should be done routinely

4. Sealing in my moisturize is a MUST DO

5. I don't need to know my hair type - all I need to know is what my hair likes

6. My hair loves simplicity

7. Sleeping in satin works way better than sleeping in/on cotton

8. Snatching out 'fairy knots' only causes more problems

9. I must deep condition weekly to combat dryness

10. I am a heavy shedder and MUST detangle properly and weekly

11. I can't use the closest thing in my reach to scratch my scalp - I lost a good little bit of hair at the rot due to using a paper clip, LOL - lesson learned!

12. Just because someone has the length I want doesn't mean that they regimen will yield the same results for me

Track your lessons learned - it will help you in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment