Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New App Today



Nothing special, just a new app. I have to look at my blog to see when it's time to take off my units. Next year, I'll use a planner to mark app/removal days. I took my hair down yesterday and washed it with the Suave Clarifying shampoo. Then I put some MegaTek on it, then some Mane N Tail, then oiled my scalp with the Doo Grow Stimulating Growth Oil. I put Dr. Miracle's Spot Serum on my nape because it is a bit tore up. Today, I didn't wash out my mix from yesterday, and braided it up. I can't post length check pictures, so the pictures above are to show my natural color coming in. That's a neat effect, for the color to be in the braid. I've rotated to Frankenlace, who's still shedding, but I'm not caring so much. I'm kinda jonesin' for a 14" Indian Remy Loose Curly from Rex. I don't normally do IRs or units that short, but it's something different. I don't see me getting it anytime soon. The LF Gods have been too good to me in the past, and I'm so very thankful.

Everyone's up in arms over the hair debate still. I joined Tyra's "Rockin' My Real Hair" group on the Tyra Show forum and I have a page there. I also joined the NaturallyCurly.com site and I have a page there. Miss Jessie's is having a Grow Out Challenge, so I joined that. I would love some Curly Pudding, Curly Meringue, or Baby Buttercream, but their ish is sooooo expensive. Really, I don't believe the hype. I know I kinda jumped on their bandwagon just when I discovered them, but the .79 conditioners (Suave/VO5) does the trick equally well, being the recessionista that I am. I love my hair. I know what it can and what it can't withstand. I'm going to continue to textlax every 3-4 months, just for manageability. Eventually, hair will be an after though to me. Just pull it up into a messy, curly ponytail and go to the beach. Slick it back with some conditioner/gel, into a low pony, and go to the movies. Maybe get caught in the rain on the way to the car. Go swimming and not worry about poof and reversion. Hair freedom! Now that's what I'm talking about.

I do believe it's time to get the knitting needles out! I've got the K2P2 urge... I need to record to video at least 1 song, and write another chapter in my book before I pick up my knitting needles, even though my knitting bag is sitting right on the sofa right beside me... that ish is calling me! I want to make that sweater that Carrie had on when Aleksandr was playing the piano for her. Episode #88 The Ick Factor.

My "Brady Bunch: The Complete Set" was supposed to be delivered today. I don't understand why they took so long to ship. Must have been the free shipping option. Next up: Lost In Space Seasons 1-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment