Friday, October 23, 2009

Less Can Be More

For years I have been reading up on different hair recipes and products that are suppose to this and that for hair. Rarely did I gets the results that were indicated. For a while now I have been pretty lazy with taking care of my hair, meaning I would, co-wash only, or shampoo/condition only, and only use one product for moisture. What's crazy is I've noticed my hair has been a lot better (shine, growth, moist, etc) since I have become slack. I think I found my niche!

I use the shea butter/olive mixture when I style. I co-wash when I don't feel like doing a real wash. Then when my scalp starts itching(my wash indicator, LOL), I shampoo/condition and then it's back to the shea butter/olive when I style. I have been doing this since the beginning of February (it's when I started Grad school) and I am in love with the outcome. When I wear my hair out I do moisturize at night with my regular conditioner.

Forget all these "special" regimes and "treatments" I have finally found what works for me. :)

Current products:
100% African Shea butter
GreatValue Olive Oil (Wal-Mart brand)
Suave Ocean Mist or Coconut Conditioner
Suave Clarifying Shampoo

I will admit that I broke from the simple routine and started to deep condition with 1/2 jar of LUSTRASILK Placenta & Jojoba Oil cholesterol/Rosemary Oil (8 drops)/Olive Oil (tablespoon). Usually I do not see or feel a difference with deep conditions but this time I did. So here's my theory....I spent almost two months putting very little product on my hair and it was able to just be its healthy self. Therefore, the deep condition concoction was able to actually do what it's supposed to on my hair-it didn't have to fight against the "work" of other treatments/products/compounds. I think I will keep this up.

---------
"The impossible is God's chance to work a miracle"
-Maurette Brown Clark

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• tia¸.•*´¨)

No comments:

Post a Comment