Thursday, September 24, 2009

Question and Answer: Frizz and Sleeping



Q:
"I was wondering do you know of a good hair care product that helps keep the hair from frizzing up so fast?"

A: I haven't found "a" product but what seems to work for me is keeping my hair moisturized on those humid NC days. Before I do my cornrows I do a deep condition treatment with Suave tropical coconut mixed with some Olive Oil and peppermint oil. Another thing I started doing is not using shampoo as much but instead co-washing with a moisturizing conditioner. So, I guess moisture is the key. :)
Another thing I try is a recipe for frizz control. Conditioner, Olive Oil, and honey. It really works to hold the style, the only thing I don't like about it is that it can make your hair hard to the touch.


Q: "Okay, here is a question I have been dying to ask, how do I wrap my TWA @ nite?????"

A: Well, I never had a TWA so this one is kinda of hard for me. I can say what works for me and maybe that will help some. I have a satin pillow case for those nights that I am dead tired and my nightly routine is just not going to happen. I sleep in a satin night cap and for those days I want to wear a 'fro I do about 4-5 huge twist all over and fluff them out in the morning. No matter how I prep my hair before bed I try very hard to never let my head rest on cotton. Even when I am "resting" on the couch...I get my satin housecoat and drape it over the coat where my head will lay.
Also, My college roommate had a TWA and while it was short she would wet it in the shower every morning to refresh the flatness that occurred overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment