Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Crazy Week/Product Info Alert: VO5 Conditioners

My sister just left this morning. She spent a long weekend with us (Sat-Thur). We got to show her all of San Francisco, a lovely beach in Santa Cruz, and our favorite winery in Napa Valley. She's on her way, with the rest of the family, to my twin brother's wedding. I wish I could have been there, but I couldn't afford to go. That's why they say "a picture is worth a thousand words". I hope to get a lot of pictures, courtesy of my sister and my niece.

On the hair front, I wore my own hair out from the 9th until the 15th. I wore my own hair out to Napa, to the beach, and to San Fran the first time. The second time we went to San Fran, I had on my Rex Virgin Malaysian Straight. The cornrowing was easier this time, but instead of sewing the ends down, I put tiny rubberbands on the ends, and linked them together. On the right side of my crown, I feel the braids sticking up. Of course, I can't see it, but I can feel it. I won't do that anymore, I'll stick to sewing. So I'm going to try to keep the unit on as long as I can before it has to come off. That may end up being 2 weeks with a LF on, and a week off for my own hair regimen. This "off" time around, when I removed the unit, I washed my hair with the Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. This will be the only time (per month) that I will use shampoo (opting to co-wash every other day). Then I did my MegaTek treatment (putting it in the parts - I really want that gallon jug). I slathered on Nexxus Humectress after that. The next day, I think I put Aussie Moist on my hair (the side effect of being a product junkie - not knowing which conditioner I used). One of those days in between, I put Mane N Tail on my hair. I think I co-washed with something (side effect again)... I need to get more regimented with my regimen, taking notes everytime I do something. I'm still taking the vitamins... I don't know what's working. My nails are growing like weeds though. I think something's working because even with the textlax, my hair is hard to comb through, when it's dry. It's definitely thicker. Obviously, it's growing because I wouldn't be able to braid it. Also, when I braided my hair back up, I put MegaTek in the parts in between my cornrows. I'm so impatient. I want length!!!!

Product Alert: VO5 Conditioners

VO5 Tea Therapy Nourishing Conditioner Calming Chamomile Tea
VO5 Moisture Milks Moisturizing Conditioner Passion Fruit Smoothie (Soy Milk Protein)

I can't believe they were 79 cents each (at my local Lucky's)! I did not like the Strawberries & Cream smell at all. My boyfriend liked the smell of the ones I threw into the cart (bless his heart). I think I may have put a little of the Tea Therapy conditioner in my hair on one of my "off" days. I've seen it range between the low low price of 79 cents up to 99 cents. You can't beat that, as a highly recommended co-washing agent.

Okay, I've typed enough. I'm off to read Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol".

No comments:

Post a Comment