Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Season....New Regimen













Our natural hair is so precious and we really have to treat it as such. My Summer hair regimen consisted of protective styles and moisturizing. However, I admit that I manipulated my hair a lot over the summer and that is not good for maintaining length and minimizing breakage. For the past couple of weeks I have worn my hair up off my shoulders either in buns, twists, or puffs. Each night I gently separated my hair into sections and moisturized the ends and the shaft portion of my hair. I did notice less dryness and less breakage but I think I can do better.

With the exception of special occasions (Homecoming [Eagle Pride!!], church events, etc), I am going to focus more on protecting my ends from the "outside world." My Fall regimen will be as follows:
Moisturize shaft and ends nightly with a water based product
Seal with light oil
Sleep with a satin night cap
And style in creative protective styles
Let's see if I can make it the entire Fall season. (Not looking forward to winter, boo cold weather).

No comments:

Post a Comment