Sunday, September 20, 2009

How I dye my hair

***this dye job was done before I started my healthy care/growing regimen****

I wanted a light bright reddish color and because my hair is so dark and resistant to color I had to go bold. I used SoftSheen-Carson Dark & Lovely in Vivacious Red. I applied the dye to the front section of my hair and let sit for 45 mins. I know that is longer than the instructions but I also know my hair-any less would have been a waste of time. I rinsed the dye out with cool water until the water ran clear.

Then I did a co-wash with Suave Coconut conditioner all over my head but paying close attention to the recently dyed portion. After the co-wash I applied leKair Cholesterol Plus and left on for 30-40mins. Rinsed and style as usual.

I didn't want to do anything that would be strenuous on my hair after dying so I did a twist out and wore that for 4 days. The twist out allowed me to open my sunroof when I got off work and let the sun do it's magic with brightening up the color a little more. I have been dying my hair myself for years now and I finally found a routine that helps me maintain my texture and curl pattern while still giving me the color I want. Works for me!





*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• tia¸.•*´¨)

No comments:

Post a Comment