Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Goals

It's almost the end of another year, and the next will see me turn 44. I think that is a very good age, and I have no qualms about getting there. It's better than the alternative anyway!

I don't use the term "resolutions" when it comes to looking ahead to a new year. I prefer to set goals. Sometimes I'm successful and sometimes I'm not, but everyone needs something to aim for. These are the goals I've come up with so far:

1. Reach my target for my Cancer Research UK fundraiser to help fight breast cancer. I have until November 2011 and have every confidence that I will get there!

2. Make it successfully out of the probation period of my new job! Two months down, one to go.

3. Get to Texas for my oldest son's wedding and a family & friends reunion. Still no confirmation of when the wedding is but I'm saving up anyway.

4. Get through at least one of the three parts I need to complete for the ILEX.

5. Have two weeks in sunny Cyprus during the rugby world cup. It's cheaper than going to New Zealand for it, and I can hang out with my friends Pauline and Stevie!

6. Use my Crimbo present and cross one item off my list of things to do before I die: driving a single seater race car around Silverstone.

I might add more but, although it's only six things, I think that's a full year's worth!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment