Sunday, December 5, 2010

Erin's Hat Party

There's nothing like a positive attitude and laughter for healing powers. My grandfather taught me that. When I was 20, he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and I can remember him driving my grandmother mad when he referred to his visits to his oncologist as trips to "Cancers R Us". My grandfather was a cancer survivor.

Erin and her friends had a hat party recently, showing that same kind of positive attitude and sense of humour my grandfather had. Darla kindly emailed me some pictures this morning (UK time obviously!).

There was the Swiss hiker look:




Then we had the classy film star look:




I don't know why this makes me think of a West Country farmer:




Darla got in on the act:




And so did all of Erin's lovely friends:




As did the gorgeous Elie:




I can honestly say it's a good thing my partner David didn't know about the hat party in advance. He picked one out he would have loved to send to her:




Okay, that might have been pushing the laughter thing a bit!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment