Sunday, August 9, 2009

Why do I wear Lace wigs? Freewill!

To the poster of the comment in which I accidentally deleted (please repost so I can publish it), I wear lace wigs because I like them and they protect me from wrecking my own hair, especially while it's growing out. After I saw how my hair grew from cheek length to chin length last year, with the help of lace wigs, I will continue to wear them as a protective style. I like straight hair and I like wavy hair. I also like my own tightly curly hair. If I can achieve all those textures/lengths without putting heat on my own hair, with the help of lace wigs, then that's what I'll do. I don't like the awkward short length hair, where it's grown out of the intended style. It has nothing to do with embracing anything. If I don't want to walk around looking like Celie from The Color Purple, then I don't have to. I'm not one of those militant happy to be napptural girls. My hair is my hair, and I will do what I please with it. My boyfriend loves me, regardless of what I do with my hair. As long as I'm happy, he's happy. He likes the variety of the wigs I wear. He's not all caught up in "running his fingers through my hair" contrary to popular stereotypical behavior of white men. I believe in FREEWILL, and will do as such. I don't mindlessly follow other people, I do my own thing. I march to the beat of MY drum. If other people like the sound of that beat, then that's good too. I'm informed, I research, and I read. I follow a lot of natural hair blogs, and I appreaciate everyone's individuality. You do you, and I'll do me. If this works for me, and it does, as I've said many times, why should it matter to other people what I do? If it helps them, I'm happy too. Rant off.

I had to do an emergency lift off on the back nape last night. I think I tacked it down too far, and it was rubbing and scratching my neck. I think I'm just going to lay it back down with 1 layer of MLCA and Super Tape to see what it does. I used some old hair conditioner and 91% alcohol to lift it. The WNST didn't want to lift for anything. Swimming should be fine with the WNST, Vapon, and MLCA combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment