Saturday, August 15, 2009

Clarifying Shampoo Research

Happy Saturday. I got the Mega-Tek yesterday (Thanks Angie!) I have yet to use it. It smells really good too. I've been reading up on moisturizing and proteinating. My hair is pretty normal when it's in it's natural state. Very strong and healthy. I remember when I colored it when it was texturized in 2006 (golden brownish blonde channeling Eva Marcille). I remembered that it was healthy even with the color. I digress. I don't know what my "natural" hair care regimen will be yet since I'm still protecting with lace wigs. My edges are a bit wrecked (I can't get that Wayne Brady image out of my mind), so once my hair grows out past my hairline, then I can start to take care of it.

It seems like Walgreens is the spot to shop in when it comes to buying clarifying shampoos. I'm thinking I need to clarify once a month, co-washing every week, and clarifying on week 4. Most hair care articles say to stay away from shampoos that contain Ammonium Laureth Sulfate/Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. Creme of Nature shampoo seems to be the general consensus moisturizing shampoo. I'm going to try Clairol Herbal Essences Degunkify Tingling Deep Cleaning Shampoo (keeping in line with my other Herbal Essences products). I just saw that the White Rain Clarifying Water Blossom is only $1! Have to get some of that too. I'm going to go back to the Mane and Tail products also. I'm just a product junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment