Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Textlax Day!

I textlaxed today. I was trying to hold off until maybe August, but I've gotten several requests to do a textlax video. I did the video today, and I'm in the process of editing it. I think reaching my goal of shoulder length by December is more reality than dream. I was scared that I left the cream on too long, and that I would run out, but I didn't in either case. I did run out, but I had enough to finish. I like my new method, of parting from ear to ear, still working with the front section first, then I made two parts to create three sections (middle, right and left). I do vertical partings, then I do horizontal partings, still combing the roots just a bit. The ends are safe and curly, so I'm going for hangtime now. I'm very happy with the results:

^^before the textlax


^^after the textlax, wet with Noodlehead Leave-In Conditioner scrunched throughout


^^air dried

Hopefully, I won't text again until September. I won't even buy anymore until then, just to be on the safe side. I'm still using Silk Elements MegaSilk Mild formula. I think I'll MegaTek tomorrow. I'm so close to having my beach hair, I can feel it (the wind blowing through my hair). I just realized that I totally missed May's growth update picture, so I have to blow it out sometime this week and take a June pic.

On the lace front (ha), my last application, that I removed yesterday, was an all adhesive app, with tape just behind the ears. It felt lighter, if that makes sense, and the removal was quicker, but I'm going back to tape. The front began to peel back, and if I'm not mistaken, with it being so hot here lately, I was in a job interview and when I got out (two hours later) I looked in the mirror, and I could see the adhesive in the very front. Instant mortification. I'm sure that when I use tape and adhesive, the lace does not slide back. Lesson learned.


The babies are so out of control, but sometimes they're really sweet. Cygnus has an independent personality, and Lyra has an almost needy personality. Most times, I can't tell them apart by looking at them. Lyra loves to snuggle up on my chest while I'm working at my laptop. They love to steal drinking straws. Overall, they're sweet babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment